Friday, August 7, 2009

No Sea Turtles Were Actually Released Today.

But that's okay. I don't think the military men who stood by watching, were too trusting of us to do the right thing. And they were right to have their suspicions, because I was awfully close to pocketing one of those baby turtles. They were sooooo cute! Just splashing around, totally unaware of the arduous journey that lay before them in the cruel sea.

Sigh. Noah, I now want a rabbit and a turtle when I get home.

Here's what they look like:



I can't say that the whole trip was full of frills. The bus ride there was a little dangerous, what with the driver taking chances on a two lane highway in a double decker bus. I feel like the tip over rate in those things is incredibly high. If it wasn't the driving, it was the students and their horrible club music pumped through the buses speakers. I can't believe the driver would allow The Blackeyed Peas to be blasted in his ear while he drove. This lasted for about two hours. I got an incredible headache, the kind that seems unfathomable.

When we got to the Naval Base, we stopped to look a ship. But that's all us foreigners could do, was look. On the outside. Apparently, the military has a rule about farange being on the ship. That's okay though, I didn't come all the way to Chom-Buri to see a ship. Here are pictures and video though:








After that we saw the turtles:


That's someone's mom!



This might be why the navy men were eyeing us so suspiciously, we're not really supposed to be handling the turtles, but look at them! They're soooooo cute! I was quick.

After all the turtle watching, we went to the beach where I took a lot of pictures and chilled. It was probably the best part of the trip.



No comments:

Post a Comment