Saturday, May 23, 2009

Forcing myself

So I haven't been out on the buses or the boats by myself just yet. All of that is about to change tonight when I meet up with a few Aussies for drinks. According to Larissa, the woman I met in the local department store, it's not that hard. You just take the 57 bus to Pinklao Pier, take the boat down the river to Sathorn pier. There, I'm suppose to get on the BTS Skytrain to the National Stadium, take another line to Nana . . . and that's where they'll be.

It's either this or I stay home tonight and watch out for geckos. I think I'm too young to be agoraphobic. I've got to get out of this house and get into trouble. What's the worst that can happen? I get lost? I'll take a cab back home. Get kidnapped? It's very unlikely. Statistics show that tall women rarely get kidnapped. That's it, I'm doing this. I'm smart and capable, dammit! I'm going to read Noah's letter of encouragement before I leave. I told to read it whenever I was lonely or anxious. The latter applies.

No comments:

Post a Comment