Saturday, May 16, 2009

Forgive me Lonely Planet Travel Guide, for I have sinned. It has been weeks since my last confession:
Instead of wandering off of the beaten track like you told me to do, I hailed a motorbike to the nearest mall and bought a smoothie. I spoke English the entire time.
That's not all.
I spoke loudly* and made wild gesticulations in order to purchase food items. I asked for a fork, when clearly I was suppose to eat my rice and pork with the large toothpick given to me by the cook.
I'm still not done.
I then went to Starbucks, bought a pound of Ethiopia Sidamo coffee, (I ask forgiveness of the Coffeehound as well) a box of chai tea, one almond cream croissant, and one mug of hot tea. I sat amongst Thai hipsters.
I ask that you have mercy on my traveling soul.
Amen.



*I only spoke loudly because I was in the middle of a noisy food court. I'm not that American

No comments:

Post a Comment