Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Dear Miss Susannah Roderick

How are you? I hope you're well,
remaining active and stress-free.
I'm doing rather well, trying my
best to get some rest.

You, at one time, were inquiring about
elephants.
You wanted to know if I'd seen any.
It turns out I did.
I neglected to take a picture, you'll just
have to take my word.

I forgot
that on my disappointing
Saturday excursion to Pattaya, I spotted
a man riding an elephant on the side of road.
Since I was the only American in the car,
I was the only one that was excited.

Do know that the next time I see an elephant
I will tell it to stand still long enough for
a picture.
I could have fooled you
and just found a picture on the internet.
Copy and paste.
But you deserve better.

So don't think that I've forgotten,
still on a mission.
As always, peace and much love,
I shall write again in the future.
You're welcome to write me whenever
you've the time.

Love Charish

No comments:

Post a Comment